Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Apple ID Verification

Does anyone know why this pop up keeps showing up on my Apple TV? This email/Apple ID hasn’t been associated or used on this Apple TV in years and this pop-up just started happening after the iOS 15 update happened. I can find no trace of this email on the Apple TV yet this keep popping up. I do not have access to this email. Anyway to remove it without resetting the whole device?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:08 PM

9 replies

Jan 12, 2022 12:26 PM in response to Bstaley123

Hello Bstaley123,

It looks like your Apple TV is asking for a password to an Apple ID you have not used in a while.

If you changed this Apple ID email to a new one, here's a resource that might help. Review What to do after you change your Apple ID or password.

If not, you may want to reach out and Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security or use this Get Support link for Apple IDs.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Feb 4, 2022 1:09 AM in response to jpcallan

It's fixed. After a long afternoon on the phone with Apple trying to find a way to fix this problem IOS 15.x introduced, Apple Support directed me to reset the Apple TV to factory defaults with Reset and Update. After taking photos of my settings and app screen I did this--it took a couple of hours to Reset, then download and install IOS 15.3. The problem is now gone, but I can't say whether IOS 15.3 or the Reset solved the trouble. The Apple TV had not told me nor tried to install IOS 15.3 before the reset.

Here is the Reset and Update screen -

Jan 12, 2022 2:15 PM in response to ryane77

Hi Ryane77,

More background on the issue... When I initially setup the Apple TV I used my Apple ID information. Then when I had a friend in town he signed into his Apple ID so he could access his movies...etc. As you know you can switch between users. So once he left we deleted it off the Apple TV. This happened about two years ago. After the most recent update this popup started happening. Is this an Apple ID issue or Apple TV issue? Thanks.

Jan 20, 2022 3:00 AM in response to Bstaley123

I have the same Apple ID Verification pop-up trouble; it started with the installation of IOS 15 and seems to be worse with the IOS 15.2 update. In my case the 3rd gen Apple TV box was a gift from a buddy that upgraded to an Apple TV 4K and gave me his unneeded Apple TV over two years ago. In my case the Apple ID Verification is for his iCloud account.

When I got the Apple TV my bud Dave told me he did a reset to factory defaults. For months the Apple TV would try to use his accounts for charges in spite of the reset. I didn't have a need for iCloud, but in order to have something to fill into the Settings, I created an iCloud account last Monday and added to to me settings hoping to overwrite the old ID - no difference whatsoever, the pop-ups continue

Apple TV - Apple ID Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.