Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update my iPhone without using wifi

How do I update my iPhones using phone data and not WiFi?

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 10:14 AM

CybrBrze Said:

"Can I update my iPhone without using wifi: Guess this thing will never get an update. I’m disabled and can’t get to. WiFi source.

———-

Ask a Friend if they can take you to a WiFi hotspot, or at their house.

Rather than WiFi, Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router.

For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 10:14 AM in response to CybrBrze

CybrBrze Said:

"Can I update my iPhone without using wifi: Guess this thing will never get an update. I’m disabled and can’t get to. WiFi source.

———-

Ask a Friend if they can take you to a WiFi hotspot, or at their house.

Rather than WiFi, Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router.

For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

Jan 11, 2022 6:53 PM in response to CybrBrze

CybrBrze Said:

"Can I update my iPhone without using wifi: How do I update my iPhones using phone data and not WiFi?"

-------

Perhaps.

Updating Over Cellular:

You can only update over Cellular using an iPhone 12 with 5G. So, updating over cellular is not be an option, if you don't have an applicable model.

See My User Tip: Use an iPhone 12 or later, that is using 5G, in order to update over Cellular - User Tip

Can I update my iPhone without using wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.