Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i view my photos down loaded from Iphotos to my external hard drive onto my Imac Monterey os?

How can I view my photos down loaded from Iphotos to a new external hard drive and view them on my IMac with Monterey OS?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:48 PM

Your question is a bit confusing as iPhotos was discontinued years ago and does not run on Monterey. iPhotos was replaced by the Photos app, the most simple method to view your photos is to move The complete iPhotos library to the new Mac. Then drag it to the Photos app on your Dock and follow the on-screen prompts and your photos will have been imported into Photos and then you can organize, edit and of course view your Photos.

Apple explains another method in Import photos from another library in Photos on Mac, either method will work and you will be in business. A very nice feature is when you turn on iCloud on all of your devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc..) you can view your photos anywhere you want using the Photos app for the device you have with you. You can find LOTS of Photos tutorials on YouTube.com for doing various things like organizing, mapping, and of course editing your Photos in the Photos app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 9:48 PM in response to Ricky161

Your question is a bit confusing as iPhotos was discontinued years ago and does not run on Monterey. iPhotos was replaced by the Photos app, the most simple method to view your photos is to move The complete iPhotos library to the new Mac. Then drag it to the Photos app on your Dock and follow the on-screen prompts and your photos will have been imported into Photos and then you can organize, edit and of course view your Photos.

Apple explains another method in Import photos from another library in Photos on Mac, either method will work and you will be in business. A very nice feature is when you turn on iCloud on all of your devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc..) you can view your photos anywhere you want using the Photos app for the device you have with you. You can find LOTS of Photos tutorials on YouTube.com for doing various things like organizing, mapping, and of course editing your Photos in the Photos app.

How can i view my photos down loaded from Iphotos to my external hard drive onto my Imac Monterey os?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.