Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My verizon email stopped working on the Mail app in December. I deleted and tried to re-add but it won’t work.

The mail app on my ipod touch stopped receiving my verizon emails in December. I tried deleting and re-adding the account but it won’t work.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:44 PM

Verizon/AOL have made security changes that the have been rolling out over many months. It's finally reached your account (it reached mine about a year ago. Here is the solution: https://help.aol.com/articles/Create-and-manage-app-password

3 replies

Jan 12, 2022 4:23 PM in response to mrpinto14

Hello mrpinto14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about your email not working. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

We see you’re coming from the article: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. That’s a great article for this issue! If you tried all the steps in that article and the issue continues, reach out to your email provider to see if they have anything to help with this issue.

Best Regards.

My verizon email stopped working on the Mail app in December. I deleted and tried to re-add but it won’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.