Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make HomePod Mini Stereo Pair work with iTunes for Windows?

Can't seem to get both speakers to play as stereo pair using iTunes for Windows 10?

works fine when streaming from iPhone to stereo pair.

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 2:21 AM

So far it appears Apple haven't made this work with Windows. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know you think they should do better.

tt2

5 replies

Jan 25, 2022 2:16 AM in response to turingtest2

Sorry but that's incorrect. I have Homepod Minis set up as a stereo pair and I was able to Airplay to them in stereo from iTunes for Windows. Both Homepod Minis showed as Airplay devices in iTunes and you could select both to stream in stereo.

This worked correctly for 8 months until I updated the Homepods to OS15 in September. Both Homepods are still seen in ITunes but it will only output to one or the other. If I select one, it deselects the other, so it only plays one channel, not stereo. As the OP says, it works fine from the iPhone.

I reported this via the Feedback app in September and heard nothing until I was asked for more info. I made a video showing what was happening and sent this to them in December but haven't had any response.

Homepod OS 15.3 is due for public release soon and I'm hoping it solves the problem...

Jan 25, 2022 5:05 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes, I'm 100% sure. I'm referring to Windows, not MacOS or iOS.

My HomePods are named as HomePod L and HomePod R. Each shows separately in iTunes (Windows 10) and, when both were selected, each HomePod played the correct left or right channel. I know because I listened to tracks which had clear left and right channels. They were NOT playing the same audio from each HomePod.

In fact, that is still the case now. HomePod L plays the left channel only and HomePod R plays the right channel. The issue is that both HomePods can't be selected simultaneously in iTunes to playback to both HomePods in stereo.

This issue has been reported by many people on here and Reddit since the OS 15 update. As I say, HomePod OS 15.3 is expected soon so I'm hoping they've fixed it.

How to make HomePod Mini Stereo Pair work with iTunes for Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.