Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Failed - There was a problem connecting to the server

Using an iPhone X

Want to erase all content on this phone to trade in the device, but can't because I can't turn find my iPhone off.

Can't connect my Apple ID to the Apple servers. My wifi connection is fine. I've restarted the phone, force restarted, even reset all the settings for the phone. This is the only device with this Apple ID. It's to the point where it won't even let me sign out of this account on this phone because the loading wheel never stops. I can sign onto other Apple ID's and also the current Apple ID stuck on this iPhone X on all other devices, it is only this device causing issues.

If this issue can't be solved, would there be any issues sending this device to Apple without erasing all of its content?

Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:40 PM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2022 3:49 PM in response to erich267

Hi erich267, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues erasing your iPhone X because you are unable to disable Find My iPhone.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Have you had the chance to try a different Wi-Fi network?

Are you able to sign in on our Apple ID page with the same Apple ID that is on your iPhone X?

If you answer yes to both questions, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Another method you can look into is requesting for an Activation Lock removal request.

We'd like to set your expectations. Providing a copy of the original receipt is crucial for the request to be successful.

You can learn more about it in the article below.

How to remove Activation Lock

Take care!

Jan 13, 2022 7:28 PM in response to erich267

erich267,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Disabling Activation Lock is a requirement when trading in a device. You can use the article below as a reference.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We're glad to know that you can sign in on our Apple ID page with the same Apple ID that is on your iPhone X.

As stated in the article below, "You can use Find My iPhone on iCloud.com to temporarily remove a device from the Devices list or turn off Activation Lock on a device you already gave away or sold."

Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

If you are unable to remove your iPhone X on iCloud.com because it is not showing up under the list of devices, it is likely that you used a different Apple ID.

The article below may help.

If you forgot your Apple ID

Take care!

Jan 13, 2022 7:12 PM in response to kamote0628

Hi kamote0628,

Thanks for the reply. The answer to both those questions are yes. I followed the instructions on the Activation Lock page you sent and it said that no devices with this Apple ID are online.

Again, I am trying sending this phone to Apple for trade in, do you know if mailing it over without erasing the data is ok? If not, I will go through the support page or visit an Apple store for help.

Thanks again for your help!

Verification Failed - There was a problem connecting to the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.