Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car play setting suddenly disappeared on my iPhone 11 Pro

Hello!

Yesterday morning I had Car Play working nicely (connected to a car) but when I drove back home in the evening, Car Play was not anymore available - Phone and Music do work via Bluetooth but no Car Play available to use phone apps (Phone, Waze, Maps, Google Maps, etc).

I thought the issue was with the car, so I made a force restart for the infotainment system, deleted connected phone and reconnected it - nothing helped.

Then I noticed in my iPhone itself that I do NOT any longer have a "Car play" option under the "General > Settings" menu in the 'Settings' app (see the screenshot and compare the menu with yours - you will have the "Car Play" right under the "Picture in Picture" option).

I've just updated iPhone to the latest iOS 15.2.1 but the issue is still the same - no "Car Play" option in the Settings.

And I do NOT use Screentime, so there are no restrictions being on.

Any ideas what else can be wrong / what can help? Does it mean I should try deleting/restoring the iPhone and re-install it from scratch or?

Many thanks in advance!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:15 PM

Hello spqr753,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with seeing the CarPlay setting under Settings > General. We'd love to share information that may help you resolve this.

First, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search. Make sure that Siri is enabled there.

Then, restart your iPhone and your car: Restart your iPhone.

We hope that helps. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 5:15 PM in response to spqr753

Hello spqr753,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with seeing the CarPlay setting under Settings > General. We'd love to share information that may help you resolve this.

First, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search. Make sure that Siri is enabled there.

Then, restart your iPhone and your car: Restart your iPhone.

We hope that helps. Take care.

Car play setting suddenly disappeared on my iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.