Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode changed from 4 to 6 ????

My iphone 12 pro said an update was available then changed my passcode from 4 to 6 digits without giving me the option to pick a 6 digit code. Now I am stuck with a broken phone.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:38 AM

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities mkatko,

From your post we can see you've been using Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and found your passcode has change from 4 to 6 digits. It seems like you're currently in a passcode lock.

Use this guide to help you reset the passcode: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode. You'd need to have iOS 15.2 or later. If you don't then use this guide: If you forgot your iPhone passcode.

Once back in your iPhone, you can use the original guide that you began with to help you set your passcode back to 4 digits if you'd like. You'd just need to use "Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code."

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 8:38 AM in response to mkatko

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities mkatko,

From your post we can see you've been using Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and found your passcode has change from 4 to 6 digits. It seems like you're currently in a passcode lock.

Use this guide to help you reset the passcode: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode. You'd need to have iOS 15.2 or later. If you don't then use this guide: If you forgot your iPhone passcode.

Once back in your iPhone, you can use the original guide that you began with to help you set your passcode back to 4 digits if you'd like. You'd just need to use "Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code."

We hope this helps!

Passcode changed from 4 to 6 ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.