Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders and Files requiring password when being moved or deleted

Recently I had a TimeMachine backup fail before completing it's process. Not realising it at the time I wiped the machine and started fresh. Because it failed I wasn't able to restore it the normal way, instead I had to go in and "show package contents" on the half completed capture.

After I compressed the folders and moved it onto the machine I had access to everything. The issue now is that when I want to adjust these folders, or delete files from within I'm prompted with the touchID or password box.

Going to get info and checking folder permissions show the account should have full read & write access.

Is there anyway to essentially cleanse a folder and it's contents of any previous permissions? All other folders and content on my machine works fine. It is just the files which had come from the time machine package.

Cheers

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:40 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Folders and Files requiring password when being moved or deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.