Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages on iphone set to backup to icloud not in cloud

This morning I deleted a history of 2 very important contacts text messages in error.

Went to settings and checked to see last backup was last night. Verified that message backup was set to on. Set to no backups until I get this resolved.

First step was to go to my icloud on my pc. There is no messages icon??

I know I need to reset my phone, but am afraid that there are no messages in my icloud backup.

What am I missing? Help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 2:40 PM

frr01 wrote:

This morning I deleted a history of 2 very important contacts text messages in error.
Went to settings and checked to see last backup was last night. Verified that message backup was set to on. Set to no backups until I get this resolved.
I know I need to reset my phone, but am afraid that there are no messages in my icloud backup.
What am I missing? Help.

There is no message backup verification what you did was this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support and by doing that message isn't part of the backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 2:40 PM in response to frr01

frr01 wrote:

What am I missing? Help.

There is no message backup verification what you did was this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support and by doing that message isn't part of the backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Jan 14, 2022 12:30 PM in response to frr01

frr01 wrote:

your link to 'What does iCloud back up?' says text messages. Why is that not in my cloud if I have checked the green light on iCloud backup messages? If that is only for Messenger or ??? how do I back up my text messages?

If you that turned on it means your syncing them to icloud not backing as outlined in the first link I posted go back and read that.

messages on iphone set to backup to icloud not in cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.