Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring deleted messages to Iphone that are still on Ipad

Accidentally deleted messages on Iphone 11 Pro running 15.3.1, iCloud Backup was turned on messages was toggled on. iCloud Backup ran the night prior to the messages being deleted. Tried restoring from backup and it did not restore the messages. The messages are still showing on my Ipad. My Ipad does not have iCloud Backup turned on. They might be available on my Macbook as well, I have not opened it to check.

Is there anyway to restore the messages that were accidentaly deleted off of my phone since they are still available on my Ipad?

Thank you for any help!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 11:58 AM

Cinabon22 wrote:

messages was toggled on.

This is by far the most significant part of your post. This means you elected to house your messages in iCloud. Therefore, they are not saved on any backup. Deleting these messages removes them from all devices where you use iCloud messages, and again they are not backed up.

If you neglected to turn on iCloud messages on other Apple devices, the messages will not have been deleted on those devices. But they are not available to reinstate on your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Cinabon22

Cinabon22 wrote:

messages was toggled on.

This is by far the most significant part of your post. This means you elected to house your messages in iCloud. Therefore, they are not saved on any backup. Deleting these messages removes them from all devices where you use iCloud messages, and again they are not backed up.

If you neglected to turn on iCloud messages on other Apple devices, the messages will not have been deleted on those devices. But they are not available to reinstate on your iPhone.

Restoring deleted messages to Iphone that are still on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.