Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Content was loaded through your current VPN configuration

When in airplane mode on iPhone 12Pro and I open the mail app, I receive the following message when I open an email that was not previously opened, “Remote content was loaded through your current VPN configuration.” I do not have a VPN on this phone and do not understand why I would get this message only in airplane mode, when I am on Wi-Fi or cellular this message does not appear. Does anyone know what this is?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:37 AM

I think everyone has a skewed idea of what an iPhone protects and what it doesn’t. I’ve never seen the remote content was loaded thru your vpn until just a few minutes ago I was on a pc that is operating a weird operating system that mimics windows but is NOT windows at all. I was in the registry disabling some features and did the the remote access ones and pick up my old iPhone and there’s the message. The computer isn’t connected to the internet in fact it’s so old it doesn’t have a hardware network card that I can tell. So whatever you think is safe about iPhones and that we’ve been told is INCORRECT. I’ve had something on this old one that if you factory reset it it asks would you like to mimic factory

reset ?..I was like wtf does that mean?!.but it explains why if you let it sit by itself after the reset it will literally auto populate the device again on its own.

I’ve taken it to apple called apple called my ISP and my cell provider and they are all in some sort of bizarro world cause they tell me that’s normal. Idk what planet they’re on but that is anything but normal.

I only use the VPN services because of its extenisve logging and tracing because I am aware once someone is in you’re not getting them out and the mentally disturbed need a hobby and I’m boring so let them hobby away. But I would make aware credit agencies that some nitwit psychopath has nothing better to do than stalk you and try and ruin everything you worked for …lol

39 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 8:37 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I think everyone has a skewed idea of what an iPhone protects and what it doesn’t. I’ve never seen the remote content was loaded thru your vpn until just a few minutes ago I was on a pc that is operating a weird operating system that mimics windows but is NOT windows at all. I was in the registry disabling some features and did the the remote access ones and pick up my old iPhone and there’s the message. The computer isn’t connected to the internet in fact it’s so old it doesn’t have a hardware network card that I can tell. So whatever you think is safe about iPhones and that we’ve been told is INCORRECT. I’ve had something on this old one that if you factory reset it it asks would you like to mimic factory

reset ?..I was like wtf does that mean?!.but it explains why if you let it sit by itself after the reset it will literally auto populate the device again on its own.

I’ve taken it to apple called apple called my ISP and my cell provider and they are all in some sort of bizarro world cause they tell me that’s normal. Idk what planet they’re on but that is anything but normal.

I only use the VPN services because of its extenisve logging and tracing because I am aware once someone is in you’re not getting them out and the mentally disturbed need a hobby and I’m boring so let them hobby away. But I would make aware credit agencies that some nitwit psychopath has nothing better to do than stalk you and try and ruin everything you worked for …lol

Feb 2, 2022 1:35 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I never asked for a debate. I asked for a link to an article (that mirrors your opinion) regarding the lack of necessity of a VPN on Apple devices. You are here in this Apple sponsored forum to answer questions in a friendly and meaningful way, are you not? If a link isn't something you have knowledge of, then I ask for your direct opinion about the subject.

Feb 1, 2022 8:56 AM in response to ErikDPhillips

Sorry, I don't have an interest in debating the merits in favor or not in favor. Having been around this forum for more than a decade, I've seen lots of issues people experience when using VPN on iPhone. I have no interest or need to use a VPN and you'll find most of the more knowledgeable members of this forum (none of us work for Apple, btw) do not promote VPN use on iPhone.

If you feel it's a benefit, go for it. That's the beauty of free choice.

Feb 19, 2022 9:07 AM in response to c.raboine

Again, I don't know which specific comment you are responding to. Just copy what I said and post it with your response.

OR, open the message you're replying to from me and tap the " button on the bottom bar and my comment will be inserted.

Finally, it would be very helpful if you posted the message you're referring to you got on your phone.

Apr 7, 2022 1:25 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Well technically you just did. The VPN is only as good as the provider. As long as you do your research and trust the provider it absolutely makes things better and safer.

EVEN IF it interferes with some services or requires more technical knowledge, it’s comparable to cars in a way.

Some people ride, some drive, some change their own oil, others repair them, build them or even design them.

If I’m a rider and I try to repair them it will cause more problems than help. But if I’m a driver I can leave how to change the oil without too much hassle.

Choose your battles I guess. Security or ease of use.

Remote Content was loaded through your current VPN configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.