Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting a message "Cannot Send Mail The user name or password for ... is incorrect. Have tried resetting my aol password on line and on my iPhone incoming and outgoing but same result

Any ideas how to get my iPhone to send email again. I am getting a message "Cannot Send Mail The user name or password for .my email address.. is incorrect. Have tried resetting my aol password on line and on my iPhone incoming and outgoing but same result. Tried deleting and adding the account back in and no change

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 2:28 PM

CarlS0923 wrote:

Any ideas how to get my iPhone to send email again. I am getting a message "Cannot Send Mail The user name or password for .my email address.. is incorrect. Have tried resetting my aol password on line and on my iPhone incoming and outgoing but same result. Tried deleting and adding the account back in and no change

you will need to use an app specific password to use aol account, look at their support site for more info.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 2:28 PM in response to CarlS0923

CarlS0923 wrote:

you will need to use an app specific password to use aol account, look at their support site for more info.

I am getting a message "Cannot Send Mail The user name or password for ... is incorrect. Have tried resetting my aol password on line and on my iPhone incoming and outgoing but same result

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.