Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Quit Applications

Hi,

I'm using MacBook Air M1 2020 and there is a frequent notification in a dialogue box "Your system has run out of application memory. To avoid problems with your computer, quit any applications you are not using." Thus, I have to quit the app while working. Otherwise, the system will turn off and I have to restore the pages again. What should I do? FYI, I have the same type of Macbook but it never shows this kind of notification. Thanks.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:44 PM

Hi LiaNugraha,

Thank you for posting your question in the Apple Community.

In order to quit applications that might be using Computer memory without you realizing it, open Activity Monitor by hitting ⌘+Space and searching for it. Then, switch to the "Memory" view and you will see a list of all the processes that are using up your memory. Find whichever ones are using up the most and look like they can be discarded and then click the icon which looks like a Stop 🛑 sign. This will quit apps which may be using up your app memory.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 4:44 PM in response to LiaNugraha

Hi LiaNugraha,

Thank you for posting your question in the Apple Community.

In order to quit applications that might be using Computer memory without you realizing it, open Activity Monitor by hitting ⌘+Space and searching for it. Then, switch to the "Memory" view and you will see a list of all the processes that are using up your memory. Find whichever ones are using up the most and look like they can be discarded and then click the icon which looks like a Stop 🛑 sign. This will quit apps which may be using up your app memory.

Force Quit Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.