Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PHOTOS App on my iMac will not update even though iCloud/PHOTOS App is correct

On about 1/8/2022 my PHOTOS App quit updating. The iCloud/PHOTOS App is about 636 Items larger than my iMac PHOTOS App. The System Photo Library sit on an External USB Drive and has been like this for several years now. No problem until about 1/9/2022.

My iPhone 12 ProMax is up todate too. If I take a photo with my iPhone, iCloud/PHOTOS App and iPhone will immediately update. It's just my iMac that doesn't update.

Suggestions?

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:33 AM

And which system versions are running on your devices that are syncing with iCloud Photos?

What is the status bar below "All Photos" showing on your iMac?

Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

Typically, your iMac will not download new photos, if it is stuck on uploading an item, that cannot be uploaded. In that case you have to identify and remove or convert the offending item. It may be a video or on image in an unsupported format, or an audio file.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:33 AM in response to andyhutch1947

And which system versions are running on your devices that are syncing with iCloud Photos?

What is the status bar below "All Photos" showing on your iMac?

Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

Typically, your iMac will not download new photos, if it is stuck on uploading an item, that cannot be uploaded. In that case you have to identify and remove or convert the offending item. It may be a video or on image in an unsupported format, or an audio file.

PHOTOS App on my iMac will not update even though iCloud/PHOTOS App is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.