Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is frozen and i cannot turn it off

My phone is frozen I can't make a call, cannot open any apps and can't turn it off

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 5:24 PM

JPPAYNTER42 Said:

"My phone is frozen and i cannot turn it off: My phone is frozen I can't make a call, cannot open any apps and can't turn it off"

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 5:24 PM in response to JPPAYNTER42

JPPAYNTER42 Said:

"My phone is frozen and i cannot turn it off: My phone is frozen I can't make a call, cannot open any apps and can't turn it off"

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Jan 13, 2022 5:26 PM in response to JPPAYNTER42

Hello JPPAYNTER42,

If your iPhone is frozen follow these steps:

If Your iPhone Screen is Frozen - iPhone 7 or up

1. Press and hold the volume Down button and the Power button at the same time
  2. Continue holding until iPhone is back on the Apple Logo, do not worry when the screen goes black, the logo will appear shortly
  3. Release and wait for it to boot up again.

If Your iPhone Screen is Frozen - iPhone SE 1 or below

1. Press and hold the Home button and Power button at the same time
  2. Continue holding until iPhone is back on the Apple Logo, do not worry when the screen goes black, the logo will appear shortly
  3. Release and wait for it to boot up again.

Sincerely,

Captain

Jan 13, 2022 5:30 PM in response to JPPAYNTER42

I think you’ve gotten too much information, and some of it incorrect. Let me simplify:

On an iPhone 8 or later (including the original SE and SE 2020):

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off"

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

• On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

My phone is frozen and i cannot turn it off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.