Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard faulty

I have a bluetooth keyboard on my iMac. This morning suddenly the following keys do not work: 789uiojklm. it seems strange that these keys are clustered together on the keyboard and all other keys function normally.

I have iMac, 27 inch, Late 2013 OS 10.14.6

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 9:26 PM

As I said before, accessibility had all boxes ticked. I unticked them. Keyboard worked for a bit then back to same problem. Accessibility still showed all items not ticked. Nothing got turned on again. So I pressed Option key five times and that seems to have solved the problem. Keyboard has been working for a couple of sessions. I hope this is it. Thank you for your help.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 9:26 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

As I said before, accessibility had all boxes ticked. I unticked them. Keyboard worked for a bit then back to same problem. Accessibility still showed all items not ticked. Nothing got turned on again. So I pressed Option key five times and that seems to have solved the problem. Keyboard has been working for a couple of sessions. I hope this is it. Thank you for your help.

Jan 18, 2022 1:03 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks Tom. Yes in accessibility all the boxes were ticked, so I deselected them all including Mouse keys. This seemed to work,but as I kept using the keyboard those keys became inactive again. They are not working at the moment. Even stranger when I type a word then press the "i" key it selects that word. It is like a double mouse click.

Bluetooth keyboard faulty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.