Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if i disable & delete my photos?

Hello,

I recently have been wanting to delete my iCloud photos and am not sure what happens if I disable and delete my photos (in iCloud). I have downloaded a copy of my photos to my mac, but what will happen if I want to enable iCloud photos again? Will I still be able to? Also if I take a photo on my phone this means that it won't show up on my Mac or iPad either right?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:23 AM

Greetings, EhanAb.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to know more about what happens when you delete your photos.

“Photos delete from all of your devices

The photos and videos that you delete on one device are deleted everywhere that you use iCloud Photos. Photos and videos stay in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days before they're deleted permanently.” Set up and use iCloud Photos 

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 8:23 AM in response to EhanAb

Greetings, EhanAb.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to know more about what happens when you delete your photos.

“Photos delete from all of your devices

The photos and videos that you delete on one device are deleted everywhere that you use iCloud Photos. Photos and videos stay in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days before they're deleted permanently.” Set up and use iCloud Photos 

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

What happens if i disable & delete my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.