Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upgrade to Monterey

My MacBook Air is 2017 make and as per Monterey release notes, 2017 MacBook air is eligible for Monterey.

The machine has 300 GB+ storage..

It shows the upgrade option available to Monterey.

When i click on the "Upgrade Now" the download starts and it takes around 20 minutes to download.

Once the download start, it says installing the Moneterey but the upgrade does not really happen..

Also it does not show any error.. it simply restarts the machine and i see that the system is not updated to Monterey.

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:50 AM

6 replies

Jan 29, 2022 9:47 AM in response to askbarnabas

Tried the following from this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898

Safe mode installation - 12+ GB OS image downloaded, installation took around 30-40 mins.. no luck

Recovery mode installation - This showed only the Mac OS Big SUR.. it did not show Monterey !!

Repair the disk and installation - First aid did not find any errors in the disk.. no luck

Note: There is no error or failure seen during the installation..

Any way to check the OS installation log.. will it give any clue on why the installation is successfull?

Unable to upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.