Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upgrade to Monterey on a 2019 MacBook Pro

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro. I am finally ready to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey (just as Apple is coming out with Ventura). However, when I click on the Software Update - the spinning wheel continues indefinitely. When I go to the App Store and try to download Monterey, it goes into a similar loop looking for software, but does not load. I have a 500 gByte hard drive, and there are about 150 gBytes available, so this should well more than sufficient for the upload. What can I do to upgrade?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:18 PM

The trade press are suggesting that a new version of MacOS may be released soon -- possibly as early as Monday. It is entirely possible that the furniture is being re-arranged as we speak to deal with Monetary no longer being 'the most recent' MacOS.

I suggest you use this article, which does include a reference for Monterey:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

(used to be called, 'how to download older versions of MacOS')

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 5:18 PM in response to dakmac

The trade press are suggesting that a new version of MacOS may be released soon -- possibly as early as Monday. It is entirely possible that the furniture is being re-arranged as we speak to deal with Monetary no longer being 'the most recent' MacOS.

I suggest you use this article, which does include a reference for Monterey:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

(used to be called, 'how to download older versions of MacOS')

Cannot upgrade to Monterey on a 2019 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.