Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal dotted line on iPhone 11 front camera

Hi! This is my first iPhone and I'm at a loss as to what to do. A white dotted line has appeared on my front camera, although the module is fine, I have never dropped the device or put it in dusty places or water. The problem seems to be software-related, as the line can move around the viewfinder window when the phone is moved sharply, but stays on the screen anyway. I've tried doing a reset and my system is updated to the latest version. I can't go to a service centre as the warranty has expired and they are not available nearby. What can I do? Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:49 AM

Use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support. They can explain your options. If there is a problem and the device is out of warranty, depending on the model, Apple can replace it with an out of warranty replacement, which is at a reduced cost from a new one. However, if you have an older phone, it may not be cost effective to pay for an out of warranty replacement on an older phone, you are better off to buy a newer device. If money is an issue, you can look here for Apple refurbished devices which are cheaper and come with a warranty on them. Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 8:49 AM in response to demter

Use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support. They can explain your options. If there is a problem and the device is out of warranty, depending on the model, Apple can replace it with an out of warranty replacement, which is at a reduced cost from a new one. However, if you have an older phone, it may not be cost effective to pay for an out of warranty replacement on an older phone, you are better off to buy a newer device. If money is an issue, you can look here for Apple refurbished devices which are cheaper and come with a warranty on them. Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

Horizontal dotted line on iPhone 11 front camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.