Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app library not updating

I have a Mac Mini with the Apple TV app installed and I have placed all my backup movie and tv shows inside the iTunes Media folder located:

/Users/UserName/Music/iTunes/

This was working fine and I have the library connected to Plex so I can stream this media on devices which have Plex installed.

However, yesterday I added another tv show and although Plex fines this tv show and can stream just fine. The Apple TV app library isn't updating or syncing and won't display it in the Library section of the app.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:28 AM

There's 2 ways to add media to iTunes / Tv App. Either by placing it in the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder or by manually importing it through the File Menu.

Placing it just in the iTunes Media folder or any other random folder there that is not the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder will not make it magically be added to the library.

See here: link-> Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Dannyholt

There's 2 ways to add media to iTunes / Tv App. Either by placing it in the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder or by manually importing it through the File Menu.

Placing it just in the iTunes Media folder or any other random folder there that is not the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder will not make it magically be added to the library.

See here: link-> Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac - Apple Support

Apple TV app library not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.