Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB CD/DVD Drives

Hi,

I have an iMac 27" 2017 running on Monterey 12.01. I started having problems with my plug in CD/DVD Drive, it would recognise some disks but not others and it was even intermittent with this.

I bought a new drive which arrived today. When I plugged it in, it didn't show up as a drive on the system, neither does it when I insert a disk.

However, when I open a disk burning app (CD Burn Pro), the drive comes to life but still doesn't show up as a drive on the system - This seems really odd to me.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

David

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:17 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

I'd look at an Apple USB SuperDrive - Apple.

Jack

2 replies

Jan 14, 2022 10:17 AM in response to Matchlockman

David,

I only buy my Mac peripherals from Macsales.com, why.... simple they focus on Macs and everything they sell works. Their prices are very competitive and their pre and post sales support is great. I would recommend looking at all the solutions they offer and if needed speak to them for help.

They are a US company so if you are outside the US they have many resellers throughout the world. If you need a list, let us know.

USB CD/DVD Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.