Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Apple ID password and changed phone number for verification

How to recover my old Apple ID. Password is not working and forgotten. It asks for my phone number and it is the number associated with my old Apple ID but my phone number has changed so although I am able to correctly enter the phone number I am unable to receive a verification code and am offers no other options

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 1:28 PM

Hi Jmackenzie5,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are trying to reset your Apple ID password but do not have access to the number associated with it. We'd like to help as much as possible.

You will need to try the steps here with account recovery: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 1:28 PM in response to Jmackenzie5

Hi Jmackenzie5,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are trying to reset your Apple ID password but do not have access to the number associated with it. We'd like to help as much as possible.

You will need to try the steps here with account recovery: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Forgot Apple ID password and changed phone number for verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.