Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just migrated my photos from iPhoto on my old laptop to Photos on my new one. Many photos seem to be missing. How can I find them on the new MacBook Pro?

I just migrated my photos from iPhoto on my old laptop to Photos on my new one. Many photos seem to be missing. How can I find them on the new MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 1:23 AM

Hi

Obviously if they've not transferred, you won't find them.

If you want to check, then on the old laptop, find one that you can't see on the new, then on the new laptop type the full filename into the search bar. If it doesn't find it it hasn't transferred. By checking individual files, you might be able to find out the reason for them not transferring.

Possible reason would be if it was a referenced file on the old laptop (not stored in the library) or if the format is incompatible with photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 1:23 AM in response to auntles

Hi

Obviously if they've not transferred, you won't find them.

If you want to check, then on the old laptop, find one that you can't see on the new, then on the new laptop type the full filename into the search bar. If it doesn't find it it hasn't transferred. By checking individual files, you might be able to find out the reason for them not transferring.

Possible reason would be if it was a referenced file on the old laptop (not stored in the library) or if the format is incompatible with photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.