Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I migrated my photos from my MacBook Pro to my MacBook Air, thinking the Pro photos would be added to the Air photos in iPhoto. But instead it appears the Pro photos replaced the Air photos. I can't see my older Air photos anywhere.

I migrated my photos from my MacBook Pro to my MacBook Air, thinking the Pro photos would be added to the Air photos in iPhoto. But instead it appears the Pro photos replaced the Air photos. I can't see my older Air photos anywhere.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 11:45 PM

Are you using iPhoto or Photos for Mac?

Which system version is running on your MacBook Air? And on your MacBook Pro? Are the system versions the same?

You cannot run iPhoto on a Mac with macOS 10.15 or newer. And an older version of Photos cannot open a newer Photos Library.

4 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.