Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change to WPA3?

I just changed my internet router and I was told, while setting up my new Wi-Fi on my phone, that for better security I needed to change my settings to WPA3. Say what? How do I do that?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 4:01 PM

If you have not learned how to setup your router, you cannot control your own security. If you do not want to learn the control, call the internet provider to walk you through the process. In the future you may want to change your password for wifi.

3 replies

Jan 14, 2022 5:02 PM in response to pippa272

pippa272 wrote:
I just changed my internet router and I was told, while setting up my new Wi-Fi on my phone, that for better security I needed to change my settings to WPA3. Say what? How do I do that?

What model is it? Is it all in one box from the internet service provider? modem/router combo? Separate modem and router?

Many older devices don't support WPA3. Doesn't mean that they're not acceptable to use, but WPA3 is a newer standard and is supposed to be more secure.

How to change to WPA3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.