Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trade in iphone without apple id

Hello,

I got an old iPhone 8 from a client ( which she hasn't used for over a year ) as she told me I would be able to trade it in when purchasing the new iPhone 13 and she got a new work phone hence she didn't need the iPhone 8 anymore.

The phone is all empty in regards to like no photos and apps on it... but I can't reset it entirely back to as it would come from the shops as her Apple ID details are still visible and obviously I don't have her password and details - there is no way I can contact her again.

My question is: Can I still trade it in as it is now and send it in the trade in pack? - And Apple will erase this on their part if needed. There is nothing personal on the phone anymore, but again I can still see her Apple ID name and email - she hasn't used the phone for over a year before giving it to me.

Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 4:57 PM

No. It's not yours. You need to be able to log into the phone to turn off FindMy. If you cannot do that you will not receive trade-in.

1 reply

trade in iphone without apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.