Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone

Hello, I want to purchase a new iPhone. I have an old iPhone to trade in. Because of sheltering in place I would like to to this all online. My question is if I mail my old phone for a trade in, should I reset it so that it no longer has any of my information?

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:30 PM

Yes, you should do what is contained in this link --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In addition, you should remove the sim card from the phone, which you can put in your new phone to activate it when you get it.

Here is a link from Apple about trading in an iPhone --> Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 3:30 PM in response to nenita192

Yes, you should do what is contained in this link --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In addition, you should remove the sim card from the phone, which you can put in your new phone to activate it when you get it.

Here is a link from Apple about trading in an iPhone --> Apple Trade In - Apple

New iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.