Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

albums didn't upload to icloud, only pictures

I had all my photos on an external device using a PC. I recently added them to Photos on my new Mac. When my photos synched to iCloud, all the photos transferred but not the albums they were in. I uploaded thousands of photos, so I'm not psyched about reorganizing them into albums. Is there a way to transfer the albums in Photos to albums in iCloud?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 5:07 PM

If you have albums in Mac Photos, and sync to iCloud, your albums will also sync. Depending on the size of your library, the initial sync may take days.

3 replies

Jan 17, 2022 7:43 PM in response to muguy

Thanks, I got your reply and thought my cloud had a glitch. But then this morning I saw that it did organize itself into albums finally. If anyone else finds this thread and has the same problem, it took about 6 days for all my photos to upload and another 8 for the albums to organize themselves. I have a high bandwidth, but I have about 20,000 photos on my cloud right now.

Jan 17, 2022 9:37 PM in response to wesavedamutt

All albums and folders are syncing with iCloud and you will be able to see them on another Mac, including smart albums.

However, you will only see the folders and standard albums at www.icloud.com and on an iPad or iPhone, but not the smart albums. We can only see the smart albums in Photos on a Mac, even if they are syncing with iCloud Photos.

albums didn't upload to icloud, only pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.