Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari problems

After updating my 2 year old iPad to os15 Safari is now just stupid. Everything now takes 2 or 3 taps to do anything. Even something as simple as reloading a page now requires tapping on a menu drop down just to see the reload button. Don’t even get me started on having to do multiple step to find my bookmarks. On my IPhone I found the fix to get it back to normal but no luck on my iPad. I’m hoping someone knows of a way to fix this problem so I can get my iPad back to being useful again.

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:19 PM

Judd46 Said:

"Safari problems: After updating my 2 year old iPad to os15 Safari is now just stupid. Everything now takes 2 or 3 taps to do anything. Even something as simple as reloading a page now requires tapping on a menu drop down just to see the reload button.[...]"

-------

"Other" being the Culprit:

The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 6:19 PM in response to Judd46

Judd46 Said:

"Safari problems: After updating my 2 year old iPad to os15 Safari is now just stupid. Everything now takes 2 or 3 taps to do anything. Even something as simple as reloading a page now requires tapping on a menu drop down just to see the reload button.[...]"

-------

"Other" being the Culprit:

The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

Jan 14, 2022 6:31 PM in response to Judd46

Hi Judd46, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Whilst Safari may not be exactly the same as it was before, it did bring some great enhancements to my use of it, one of which was to create Tab Groups on the left which is also where you will see your Bookmarks.

The following link has more detailed information on Safari in iPad:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipada3308ec5/15.0/ipados/15.0

You will also find further links in the article about using tabs in Safari which shows the Bookmarks, Reading List and History.

Safari problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.