Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get the Microsoft Migration Assistant to successfully install in my PC? Suggestions? Other options to transfer data?

I can’t get the Microsoft Migration Assistant to successfully install in my PC? Suggestions? Other options to transfer data?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:52 PM

When I migrated from a PC to my first Mac I simply dragged the data I wanted onto and external HD, plugged the drive into the Mac and dragged the files onto the Mac. However, Apple recommends Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac and note the section called If you have issues moving your data as there are likely some settings on the PC you are missing.

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 10:52 PM in response to Betsy-W

When I migrated from a PC to my first Mac I simply dragged the data I wanted onto and external HD, plugged the drive into the Mac and dragged the files onto the Mac. However, Apple recommends Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac and note the section called If you have issues moving your data as there are likely some settings on the PC you are missing.

Good luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.