Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail badge app icon issue

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the mail badge app icon is rapidly changing the number of the unread messages for each of my email accounts. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:58 PM

CoolPinkCadillac Said:

"Mail badge app icon issue: I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the mail badge app icon is rapidly changing the number of the unread messages for each of my email accounts. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!"

-------

Verify "Unread eMails" Count:

Log in to the eMail provider's site, and see if see the same number of "unread" eMails per account, as shown on the app. If it is different then it is the app giving you the issue. So, sign out of these eMail accounts on the app (if applicable), and then remove the app. Next, reinstall the app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 6:58 PM in response to CoolPinkCadillac

CoolPinkCadillac Said:

"Mail badge app icon issue: I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and the mail badge app icon is rapidly changing the number of the unread messages for each of my email accounts. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!"

-------

Verify "Unread eMails" Count:

Log in to the eMail provider's site, and see if see the same number of "unread" eMails per account, as shown on the app. If it is different then it is the app giving you the issue. So, sign out of these eMail accounts on the app (if applicable), and then remove the app. Next, reinstall the app.

Mail badge app icon issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.