Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashlight / Camera on lock screen

i have upgraded to a new iPhone 13 and on the Lock Screen there appears camera and flashlight at the bottom of the screen - a completely frustrating and useless feature. How do I remove these from the Lock Screen? (Note: I’m not trying to remove these from the control centre)

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 8:51 PM

It may have been available for some time on newer models, but not my old iPhone 8, so this is new. I disagree with it being useful but each to their own. The inability to change / remove is poor design and I will just have to hope it is rectified in a future update

8 replies

Jan 14, 2022 9:28 PM in response to Buckers9651

Buckers9651 wrote:
It may have been available for some time on newer models, but not my old iPhone 8, so this is new. I disagree with it being useful but each to their own. The inability to change / remove is poor design and I will just have to hope it is rectified in a future update

I'm looking at it on my iPhone 7 with iOS 15.2.1 and all I have on the lock screen is cellular/Wi-Fi status at the top, a lock symbol, battery charge level, my chosen lock photo, the time, and how much charge (twice). There's a dot on the bottom with a tiny camera icon, and I can swipe left to bring up the camera without unlocking, but can only exit by tapping on the home button. But no way to access the flashlight without unlocking. Is that what you saw with an iPhone 8?

I can ask my wife if I can have a look at her newer (notched) phone as a sanity check. Addendum: yeah it has the flashlight and camera on the lock screen at the bottom.

I get what you're asking for, but unfortunately for you it doesn't appear to be programmable.

Jan 14, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Buckers9651

I do know they have been present with the iPhone X and later so it may have been added with iPhones with a notch, i.e Face ID.

So for at least 5 years now on those, I'm not sure about the SE, don't have one to look at. But regardless currently there is no option to turn it off but you can use the link I already provided to you to tell Apple you would like to have the option to remove them.

Flashlight / Camera on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.