Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crash back to home screen

Ever since I updated to iPadOS 15, when I use multitasking it crashes back to Home Screen. This is on iPad Pro 12.9 2018. I NEVER had this problem on iPadOS 14 any version. Just since the 15 upgrade. I hoped it would be fixed as we got to 15.1 and 15.2 but if anything it is worse. It doesn’t matter if it is a third-party apps or even 2 native apps, same crash. Anyone have any idea how to fix the? I combed the web and support forums. No new apps were loaded. Just the iPadOS update.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Tried the brute-force reset?

Back up, perform a factory reset, and reload your data.

Info and links: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

7 replies

Feb 8, 2022 8:01 AM in response to margrét0519

margrét0519 wrote:

I have the same problem on iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation). The app or apps frezes in slideover or split screen mode. But only if I am writing text or editing text on the keyboard. Not if I am using the Apple pencil (drawing or handwriting). And it gets worse each time the system update since iOs 15.

Perform the backup-reset-restore sequence linked above, then contact Apple Support if the problem persists.

Apps crash back to home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.