Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does sensor shift stabilization fix the camera malfunction when mounting the iPhone on a motorcycle?

Hi all,

I broke my previous iPhone 11 camera by mounting it in my motorcycle. The engine vibrations can damage the OSI module of the camera resulting in a malfunction. This is a problem already confirmed by Apple.

Now I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I’m wondering if the new sensor shift stabilization is still sensitive to this problem.

Anyway, I’m mounting my iPhone with a vibration dampener, but I’m not sure if it’s 100% safe.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 2:04 AM

Yes, it is still sensitive and requires a stabilizing mount:

High-power or high-volume motorcycle engines generate intense high-amplitude vibrations, which are transmitted through the chassis and handlebars. It is not recommended to attach your iPhone to motorcycles with high-power or high-volume engines due to the amplitude of the vibration in certain frequency ranges that they generate. Attaching your iPhone to vehicles with small-volume or electric engines, such as mopeds and scooters, may lead to comparatively lower-amplitude vibrations, but if you do so a vibration dampening mount is recommended to lessen the risk of damage to your iPhone and its OIS and AF systems. It is also recommended to avoid regular use for prolonged periods to further lessen the risk of damage.

Exposure to vibrations, like those generated by high-powered motorcycle engines, might impact iPhone cameras - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 2:04 AM in response to supermafete

Yes, it is still sensitive and requires a stabilizing mount:

High-power or high-volume motorcycle engines generate intense high-amplitude vibrations, which are transmitted through the chassis and handlebars. It is not recommended to attach your iPhone to motorcycles with high-power or high-volume engines due to the amplitude of the vibration in certain frequency ranges that they generate. Attaching your iPhone to vehicles with small-volume or electric engines, such as mopeds and scooters, may lead to comparatively lower-amplitude vibrations, but if you do so a vibration dampening mount is recommended to lessen the risk of damage to your iPhone and its OIS and AF systems. It is also recommended to avoid regular use for prolonged periods to further lessen the risk of damage.

Exposure to vibrations, like those generated by high-powered motorcycle engines, might impact iPhone cameras - Apple Support

Does sensor shift stabilization fix the camera malfunction when mounting the iPhone on a motorcycle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.