Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 in red dot at top right of airdrop , how to remove it

when I share a photo with airdrop a 1 in a red dot appears at the top right of the icon, normally a red dot means tap and open/update or similar, but, if I tap the icon it shows people I can share with.

So, how can I clear this red dot please.

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 12:41 PM

I reply to myself :-)

The number in the red dot indicates how many devices are in range with airdrop activated.

This is what I did, went outside away from all devices, shared a photo, there was NO red dot,

(couldn't share), came in range of an iphone, still NO red dot, unlocked phone and I tapped

airdrop on my phone and the second phone showed, locked second phone and that

disappeared from airdrop on my one, had 2 devices open but still only a 1 in the red dot.

Conclusion.... I think its kind of right, (I'll put this down as SOLVED)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 12:41 PM in response to davy-boy

I reply to myself :-)

The number in the red dot indicates how many devices are in range with airdrop activated.

This is what I did, went outside away from all devices, shared a photo, there was NO red dot,

(couldn't share), came in range of an iphone, still NO red dot, unlocked phone and I tapped

airdrop on my phone and the second phone showed, locked second phone and that

disappeared from airdrop on my one, had 2 devices open but still only a 1 in the red dot.

Conclusion.... I think its kind of right, (I'll put this down as SOLVED)

1 in red dot at top right of airdrop , how to remove it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.