Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop notification stuck

A few days ago, I was trying to AirDrop a photo from the web to my MacBook Pro. The process failed, because I forgot that my MacBook wasn’t connected to Wi-Fi or my mobile hotspot. Ever since then, I keep getting this red dot notification whenever I press the ‘share’ button. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. I saw one post on here that stated that the red dot means that there are devices nearby ready for AirDropping, but I have never once seen that before. I’ve been in a college library with many people with iPhones and a notification icon on the AirDrop icon would never appear.

I have restarted my phone already as well with no luck. It also seems to glitch. If I press the share button it will be there, but if I press it again, it will disappear. It’s a constant cycle.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:53 AM

Okay, so I decided to put my MacBook to sleep, and the notification is gone. If the red dot means that there is a device nearby, why did it take this long to show up if it has been a feature all this time?

1 reply

AirDrop notification stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.