Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring phone number from iPhone 11 to used iPhone 12?

Hi, I am transferring from an iPhone 11 to a used iPhone 12. Do I need to transfer the SIM card as well and do I need to contact my carrier (Verizon) to ensure the # is transferred? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:20 AM

If you are going to use the same carrier (Verizon) and the same cellular service, then you should transfer the SIM card from your iPhone 11 to your iPhone 12. Once you confirm that you can make and receive calls on your iPhone 12, then you are good to go and do not have to notify your carrier (Verizon). If you have issues with service on your iPhone 12 (after transferring the SIM card), then you can contact the carrier.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 7:20 AM in response to 9124A

If you are going to use the same carrier (Verizon) and the same cellular service, then you should transfer the SIM card from your iPhone 11 to your iPhone 12. Once you confirm that you can make and receive calls on your iPhone 12, then you are good to go and do not have to notify your carrier (Verizon). If you have issues with service on your iPhone 12 (after transferring the SIM card), then you can contact the carrier.

Axel F.

Transferring phone number from iPhone 11 to used iPhone 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.