Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been required to delete my back up folder on my synology NAS at least 10 times.

Time machine fails at every attempt. I can establish a backup easily, but it always fails after 2-60 days. All the other computers on the network are working well. This happens whether wi-fi or ethernet is used and is not related to upgrades or other disruptions that I can see.

Only one device on my network does this. After establishing a successful backup which lasts days, the time machine program then "loses" the relevant sparsebundle and cannot be rejoined. Attempts to do so have suggested that this is secondary because back up then proceed for 20-30 GB then fail. The primary trigger is beyond me.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 12:29 PM

I just double-checked the version on my DS916+. It is running 7.0.1-42218. My latest successful TM backup to it was about 10 mins ago.

You may want to double-check your Synology's settings for TM backups.

I used the following Synology KB article when setting up mine:

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 12:29 PM in response to Zuckerkandl

I just double-checked the version on my DS916+. It is running 7.0.1-42218. My latest successful TM backup to it was about 10 mins ago.

You may want to double-check your Synology's settings for TM backups.

I used the following Synology KB article when setting up mine:

Jan 15, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Zuckerkandl

FWIW. I have a Synology NAS that I also use for TM backups. It worked fine until I did an update to macOS Big Sur a while back. I found that I needed to upgrade the Synology DiskStation software to allow TM backups to run smoothly again. Since that time, I have upgraded my Mac to macOS Monterey and backups are still working without any issues.

I have been required to delete my back up folder on my synology NAS at least 10 times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.