Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TimeMachine on Synology NAS

I have previously backed up to my Synology DiskStation 215j for a number of years no problem. Since upgrading to MacOS 12, Monterey, Backups have not been completed. I deleted the backup sparse bundle and tried again. I'm still getting an error message "TimeMachine couldn't back up to "MediaAndBackup.local".

I read somewhere that the issue stems from Apple making a change to their filing system. Could anyone please advise as to what else I might try.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 3:29 AM

6 replies

Feb 18, 2022 4:57 AM in response to lllaass

Other machines on the LAN are still backing up ok, and in Finder on my MBP I see that the drive is mounted, and I can navigate it from there. However, when I attempt to connect using DSM in my browser it can't be seen (same IP as I always used), and Synology Assistant can't find any NAS drives on my LAN, despite me seeing it there mounted in my Finder.

Any tips in words of one syllable for a luddite please? Thanks in advance.

TimeMachine on Synology NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.