Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails disappeared from my mail inbox on my computer (MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1) but remain in my inbox on my iphone

Emails disappeared from my Mac mail inbox on my computer (MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1) but remain in my inbox on my iphone. I need them on my computer in order to respond and I've never had this happen before. I have not changed anything at all except that Apple did an automatic OS Update on my computer last night.

Please help me get my emails back on my computer, I am at a loss.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:17 AM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2022 11:18 AM in response to Hansfords

Hello Hansfords, 

We understand that some email messages are no longer showing on your Mac, but do appear on your iPhone. 

Can you verify whether these messages appear on your mail service provider’s website? We’re asking that to determine whether syncing issue or if the messages have been deleted from the server as well. 

Do the emails appear in a trash folder or are you able to find them by searching?

Thanks. 

Jan 17, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Hansfords

Hansfords wrote:

I couldn’t find where to edit my question because I solved the problem. There were letters typed into the search bar and therefore all the mail was hidden! Sorry for the duh moment

You can only edit your post within the first 15 minutes after it's published.

We all have those "duh moments". All that matters is you figured it out. And thanks for explaining how. It might help someone else.

Emails disappeared from my mail inbox on my computer (MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1) but remain in my inbox on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.