Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail

My Mail app in IphoneX does not update the emails that were delated from my Macbook AIr, but still shows all of the messages, despite the messages are delated from my email box on my mac.

App is uploading all email (even the delated ones that should be in bin, are still in inbox, but on my Mac emails are in delated folder).

Can you support in anyway?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 11:06 PM

Is you email account an IMAP based account or a POP based account? If IMAP based then you can assume that there will be synchronization of emails and folders between your devices. If is a POP based email account then you may not and it is based upon you set the account up under its settings. Which email account is this? GMAIL? OUTLOOK? YAHOO?

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 11:06 PM in response to lukaszwro

Is you email account an IMAP based account or a POP based account? If IMAP based then you can assume that there will be synchronization of emails and folders between your devices. If is a POP based email account then you may not and it is based upon you set the account up under its settings. Which email account is this? GMAIL? OUTLOOK? YAHOO?

Axel F.

Oct 5, 2020 2:46 PM in response to lukaszwro

Hi there lukaszwro,

We understand you have a question about deleted emails from your Mac showing on your iPhone, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

If you log in to your email service provider's website, do you see the deleted emails in the inbox there?

Also, check out the steps here: How to delete emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.