Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Default back to JPG files from RAW everytime I close the Camera App

I want to take every photo as a RAW file. My phone keeps defaulting back to JPG's

Under Settings: Camera: Formats > I have turned on " Apple ProRaw" , Camera Capture ticked "Most Compatible".

Once I open the Camera app, Go to take a photo. Top Left a RAW icon is Crossed out. I need to press RAW to enable and then take photos, This resets everytime I close the camera App.

I need to find a way to keep the RAW setting as default, as I know I will forget to enble this every time.

Thanks for your help

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 11:31 AM

Hello SimonPBd,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We saw your question about changing your camera settings, and we'd like to assist.

This resource covers how to Save camera settings on iPhone. It sounds like you may need to tap Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings and change what you currently have set under "Apple ProRes."

Let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 11:31 AM in response to SimonPBd

Hello SimonPBd,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We saw your question about changing your camera settings, and we'd like to assist.

This resource covers how to Save camera settings on iPhone. It sounds like you may need to tap Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings and change what you currently have set under "Apple ProRes."

Let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

Camera Default back to JPG files from RAW everytime I close the Camera App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.