Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.2 won’t open on Big Sur 11.6.2

Performed a regular software update last night to macOS Big Sur (11.6.2), including an update to Safari from 15.1 to 15.2. Now safari will not open, giving a warning message that it cannot be opened because of a problem and to check with the developer to be sure the app works with the OS. Really? Tried to go in to Time Machine and restore 15.1 but it wouldn’t let me. Running software update now does not show any further updates to Safari. The warning suggests I try to reinstall Safari, but I apparently can’t do that without reinstalling the entire OS. Is there any other avenue to fix this? I have done a full shut down and restart with no luck.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 12:42 PM

Hello kpbowles,

We understand that you're unable to open Safari. We do recommend, based on what you've shared, reinstalling macOS. This should not affect the data on your device: How to reinstall macOS

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies

Safari 15.2 won’t open on Big Sur 11.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.