Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not compatible with current version of Big Sur 11.1

Hi

I was part of the appleseed program and had Big Sur 11.2 on my Mac mini until today. I reverted back to the latest public release version 11.1 because 11.2 was causing some issues.

My issue is that when reloading version 11.1 to revert back, it DID NOT reload Safari and I've tried it multiple times now. As a result I cannot use Safari as it tells me that the version of Safari I have requires Big Sur 11.2 and thus will not open because I have Big Sur 11.1.

I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:05 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 18, 2021 7:10 AM in response to Elarson6772

Elarson6772 wrote:

Hi

I was part of the appleseed program and had Big Sur 11.2 on my Mac mini until today. I reverted back to the latest public release version 11.1 because 11.2 was causing some issues.

My issue is that when reloading version 11.1 to revert back, it DID NOT reload Safari and I've tried it multiple times now. As a result I cannot use Safari as it tells me that the version of Safari I have requires Big Sur 11.2 and thus will not open because I have Big Sur 11.1.

There is no stand alone Safari browser it is baked into the macOS

Use an alternate browser

Always advised to have more than one browser— if this is how you reach out to the internet.

You can always erase reformat reinstall the macOS.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Jan 18, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Elarson6772

Elarson6772 wrote:

Hi

I will add if it is too much to regain Safari from your current macOS situation,

from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

you can try the Terminal to download an alternate browser "Firefox", copy and paste:

curl -o Desktop/FireFox.dmg -R http://download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/84.0.2/mac/en-US/Firefox%2084.0.2.dmg

I have always advised to have more than one browser, since this is how you reach out to the <www> if you run into issue with a main browser.

Safari not compatible with current version of Big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.