Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Not Working (greyed out) On migrated Macbook Air (2015)

I recently migrated from one MacBook air to another (exactly the same specs) but the Safari App is greyed out/crossed out with this error message:

"You can't use this version of the application (Safari 6.2) with this version of OS X (El Capitan)

You have OS X 10.11.6. The application requires OS X 12.3 or later"

But, there isn't a later version of El Capitan available.

Would downloading an earlier version of Safari help? If so, Where can I find it as I can't Safari in the App Store.

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:33 AM

Launch Safari from your new Mac's Applications folder. It will be the one incorporated with the macOS version installed on your new Mac.

From the Finder, Go > Applications

I surmise the app you are attempting to launch is an older one that may have been moved to another location, perhaps ~/Applications. If you find it there or in the Dock, you might as well drag that icon to the Trash. You cannot delete the Safari app included with macOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 9:33 AM in response to TessaJayes

Launch Safari from your new Mac's Applications folder. It will be the one incorporated with the macOS version installed on your new Mac.

From the Finder, Go > Applications

I surmise the app you are attempting to launch is an older one that may have been moved to another location, perhaps ~/Applications. If you find it there or in the Dock, you might as well drag that icon to the Trash. You cannot delete the Safari app included with macOS.

Safari Not Working (greyed out) On migrated Macbook Air (2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.