Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t want to update my daughters contact photo; how can I stop being asked?

I use an old photo on my phone for my daughter’s contact information. Whenever we text (iPhone to iPhone) my phone asked me to update my daughter’s contact photo (obviously a photo my daughter prefers).

I don’t want to lose my old photo I chose to use for my contact. It is annoying to be consistently asked to update. Not to mention, I don’t want to accidentally hit update. The old photo I used is no longer available to me.

How may I stop my phone from asking me every single text to update her preferred photo?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 4:50 PM

The only thing you can do is ask her to turn off that feature on her device. Although as a test, you can try going to Settings>Messages>Show Contact Photos, which would turn off the contact photos in your Messages so it shouldn't ask you to change the one you have, but also, you wouldn't see contact photos in Messages.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 4:50 PM in response to Tifash327

The only thing you can do is ask her to turn off that feature on her device. Although as a test, you can try going to Settings>Messages>Show Contact Photos, which would turn off the contact photos in your Messages so it shouldn't ask you to change the one you have, but also, you wouldn't see contact photos in Messages.

I don’t want to update my daughters contact photo; how can I stop being asked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.