Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

allowing microphone use

I have a third-party app (audacity) that has not asked for access to the microphone. I go to system preferences>security & privacy> Privacy> and I want to add the app to allow it, but there is no way to add apps from this window. How do I allow this app access to my microphone? It doesn't work with the built in mike, nor with a plug-in mike.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:51 PM

spdoherty Said:

"allowing microphone use: [...]It doesn't work with the built in mike, nor with a plug-in mike."

-------

Reinstall it:

Uninstall the app, and then reinstall it. Contact the developer for the proper method of uninstalling. Some apps require an uninstaller to uninstall it. This rids of all files related to is (i.e. shortcuts and caches).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 10:51 PM in response to spdoherty

spdoherty Said:

"allowing microphone use: [...]It doesn't work with the built in mike, nor with a plug-in mike."

-------

Reinstall it:

Uninstall the app, and then reinstall it. Contact the developer for the proper method of uninstalling. Some apps require an uninstaller to uninstall it. This rids of all files related to is (i.e. shortcuts and caches).

allowing microphone use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.