You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A media driver your computer needs is missing while windows 10 being install through usb in macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012

Hi, greetings of year 2022!

It would be grateful for users like me to see some solutions and discussion with regarding this problem.

I am currently using MacOS Catalina v 10.15.7 and trying to install windows 10 in macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012 model. The challenges I have been facing seeing most of the threads regarding this were older or left unanswered. I, in 2022, would like to refresh those conversation back to get the workable solutions. As, most of them in threads are left hanging -

Link 1 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7258574?answerId=29256662022#29256662022

Link 2 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8269886?login=true

Please do suggest/recommend the required steps to get through these errors in our old machines.

Thanks!

Tarun

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:54 PM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2022 10:03 PM in response to itarunv

Hello,

I am no expert here so I apologize if this is not relevant.

If the Boot Camp installer doesn't open after using Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

"After you use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows on your Mac, your Mac should start up in Windows and automatically open the Boot Camp installer to a ”Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” window. In certain circumstances, this installer might not open automatically. Follow these steps to open it manually and complete the process of installing Windows support software (drivers)."

I hope this helps.

A media driver your computer needs is missing while windows 10 being install through usb in macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.